THE FOLLOWING SAFETY MEASURES WILL APPLY UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
1. Students are not to attend any class if they or any member of their household displays any symptoms of Coronavirus / COVID-19 or indeed of ANY cold or flu like symptoms. They are to refrain from attending any class for a period of 14 days, starting from the day on which those symptoms are no longer being displayed.
2. In the event that any student or any member of their household tests positive for Coronavirus / COVID-19, we must be told immediately. We will treat the information confidentially, but for the well being of the wider group we must be informed. In such an event, we reserve the right to suspend all live classes for the group affected, for a period of 14 days. For example, if a student who attends the teen class, or a member of their household, is diagnosed with Coronavirus / COVID 19, we reserve the right to suspend the live teen class for a period of 14 days, all other unaffected classes may, however, physically continue at Fairkytes, albeit extra precautions, such as the wearing of face masks, may then be required.
3. In the event that a live class(es) is / are suspended as set out at point 2 above, the affected class will be replaced, during the relevant 14 day period, with a “live” online class, to be delivered via the Zoom platform. Following the expiry of the 14 day period, live classes will resume at Fairkytes for the affected class(es), although the affected student will not be able to attend any class until they or the relevant family member has / have been given the all clear by their doctor.
4. Prior to each weekly round of classes we will message the students or parents / guardians, where applicable, to remind them not to attend the class in the circumstances set out at points 1 or 2 above.
5. Payment of monthly fees (which are paid monthly in advance) will be made electronically or by way of monthly standing order. Unless we have agreed otherwise, cash payments will no longer be accepted. If cash is handled we, the recipient, will wear gloves and both we and the payer will wear a face mask while the transaction is being made.
6. The time between each class will be increased to a minimum of 15 minutes to avoid unnecessary grouping of students or those waiting to collect them and to allow us time to review the training area and to disinfect door handles, taps, and any other contact points, as may be necessary.
7. A register will be maintained of all students attending classes. We already maintain contact details for all students or their parents / guardians, where applicable.
8. All students and, where applicable, parents / guardians, should maintain a distance of 2 metres from each other while waiting outside for classes to start or when waiting to collect their children after class.
9. In respect of classes in the Billet Studio, there will be a single point of ingress and egress at the back of the room through the fire escape, to the right of the building. Students and parents / guardians, where applicable, will wait outside and students will be invited to enter the hall one at a time. On departure students will exit through the same door, again one at a time. Parents / guardians will not be permitted to enter the hall. Parents / guardians will not be able to wait and / or watch in the small foyer area outside the Billet Studio.
10. In respect of classes in the Main Hall, there will be a single point of ingress and egress through fire escape accessed via the car park. Particular care should be taken while waiting in the car park as vehicles may be moving. Students and parents / guardians, where applicable, will wait outside and students will be invited to enter the hall one at a time. On departure the students will exit through the same door, again one at a time. Parents / guardians will not be permitted to enter the hall.
11. Prior to entering the hall each student will have their temperature taken by way of a non contact infrared forehead thermometer. The instructor taking the temperature will wear a face mask. Any student with a temperature in excess of 37.8 degrees celsius or who is physically displaying ANY cold or flu like symptoms, will not be permitted to enter the hall. While of course this does not mean the student is infected with Coronavirus / COVID 19, we consider it safer not to permit entry at this point. We are grateful to students and their parents / guardians, where applicable, for their understanding.
12. Inside the hall a distance of 2 metres will be maintained at all times between the students and instructors. Markings will be placed on the floor to designate the individual training areas. All water bottles / towels must remain with the students at all times.
13. Students will be asked to keep all other belongings to a minimum and ideally in a single sports bag / holdall. The coat rack will no longer be used and students will be instructed to place any belongings along the outer perimeter edge of the hall, ensuring that they are at least 2 metres away from any other student’s belongings.
14. There will be no physical contact during training and no use of training equipment, such as striking pads.
15. All Wing Chun students are to attend class with their own yoga mat, or similar, so that they can minimise hand and body contact with the floor when performing the various warm up exercises. Students should disinfect their yoga mat, or similar, when returning home. N.B. this requirement does not apply to the Snakes & Crane class (students aged 5yrs to 7 yrs) as they do not perform the same warm up exercises as the older students / adults.
16. All students will be required to sanitise or wash their hands before classes start and after the classes end. Where available we will provide hand sanitiser. Where this is not available, students will use the washroom facilities one at a time. We will provide liquid soap, but all students will be required to bring their own hand towel. We will, after use, disinfect door handles, taps, and any other contact points.
17. Aside from the mandatory hand washing mentioned at point 16, all students are encouraged to use alternative washroom facilities before attending Fairkytes to minimise the use of the Centre’s facilities. In the event that the washroom facilities are used we will, after use, disinfect door handles, taps, and any other contact points.
18. Windows will be kept open during classes to allow airflow through the training area. Students must bear this in mind during the colder months and wear appropriate winter kit (we remind students and parents / guardians, where applicable, that only club kit can be worn in the training area).
19. Apart from the circumstances set out at points 2, 5 or 11 above, where we require / may require students / instructors to wear face masks, there are currently no Government guidelines that require the wearing of face masks whilst performing indoor group exercise. Of course, if any student wishes to wear a face mask, they are free to do so. If, however, that student has any ongoing medical conditions, by way of example only, asthma, they should first seek the advice of their doctor, before wearing a face mask during exercise.
20. These guidelines are subject to change following, for example, changes to central or local Government guidelines or requirements. Any changes will be notified to students or parents / guardians, where applicable.
Classes held at:
The Main Hall and the Billet Studio
Fairkytes Arts Centre,
51 Billet Lane,
Call The Kwoon on: 07974 070123
or contact us by email at email@example.com